So it snowed last night. More like it iced last night. We really don't have much snow, it's just a thin coating of ice. But now, 11:30 a.m., it's melted. However, they (you know, "they") say that we're going to get another hit later today. I guess that's why there's no school today. At least the kids have found something to do. DS went with his friend to the indoor pool until 2:30. Yeah!! DD went with DS's friend's sister (a/k/a her best friend) to the movies. Peace and quiet for three hours.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Snow Day?!?!
So it snowed last night. More like it iced last night. We really don't have much snow, it's just a thin coating of ice. But now, 11:30 a.m., it's melted. However, they (you know, "they") say that we're going to get another hit later today. I guess that's why there's no school today. At least the kids have found something to do. DS went with his friend to the indoor pool until 2:30. Yeah!! DD went with DS's friend's sister (a/k/a her best friend) to the movies. Peace and quiet for three hours.
I think I'm going to go to Borders and look at college books. The book I have is several years old and kinda out of date as far as tuition costs and admission requirements. At least the girls are talking about different schools and where we can go on our little tour during spring break. I told DD that she has to be realistic, she's not going to get in to some of the bigger more prestigious schools with her GPA. She better step it up this semester or she'll be going to the community college down the road if she's not careful. I think I scared her!
Photo above is DS and teammate getting autographs from the Univ of MD baseball players. I sure hope it warms up before the 29th because that's when DS is a bat boy for the team. It's Univ. of MD against Hofstra at 3 p.m. Go Terps!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment